GTR Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTR Assault Cube Clans And Servers

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Custom Weapon Mods/Skins

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Regret

Custom Weapon Mods/Skins Empty
PostSubject: Custom Weapon Mods/Skins   Custom Weapon Mods/Skins EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:44 pm

IMPORTANT:
These weapon mods are for you benefit only! They do not change the weapons, just the weapon skins. It makes for a better gaming experience.

You can download custom mods from many places. Google “Assault cube mods” or go to http://www.akimbo.in/forum/ and go to the “mods section” or http://quadropolis.us/ I recommend akimbo vault. It has all of the stuff organized.
Download the file. Most mods come with a custom README file. Usually a .txt document. Use that for directions. If it doesn't come with one of these, heres what to do.

1. Say I wanted to download a custom shotgun mod. I would download it and open the .zip file. Look through the contents until you find the file shotgun. Open this file and check that there’s something in there.
2. Locate your AssaultCube icon. it should look like this: 
3. (For Macs) Right click on this and go to “Show Package Contents” (For PCs) Locate your AssaultCube file, most likely in “My Documents” and double click.
4. The file you want to modify is in the Contents/gamedata/packages/models/weapons folder. Locate this file. It should have the files shotgun, knife, pistol, assault, etc...
5. Drag and drop the shotgun folder into the Contents/gamedata/packages/models/weapons folder. It should ask you something like “Would you like to replace the folder shotgun with folder shotgun? Accept and your done.
Now you should have the custom skins in the game. Again, only you can see this, no one else can. It just changes how your client interprets what a weapon looks like.

**Note: I recommend that you copy the Contents file onto your desktop. This will ensure that if you fuck up your old Contents file, you don’t have to re-download the Assault Cube Package. All you have to do is copy and paste the file from you desktop Contents into your assaultcube contents and it’s reset.

ENJOY!!!
Back to top Go down

Custom Weapon Mods/Skins
Page 1 of 1